ave you ever seen the birds through a telescope before? Have you ever observed their behavior and their colours with binoculars? If not, then come along to one (or both!) of the special “Dates with birds” events being organized by BirdLife Cyprus as part of World Environment Day celebrations.
• When? Tuesday 01/06/2010, 17:00 – 19:00
• Where? Athalassa Park, Nicosia
• What you will see? By this time of year birds have already build their nests and we will probably see their chicks. Mallard ducks, grebes and coots are guaranteed and, with a bit of luck, bee-eaters and herons will come to their date too. Will you?
• Meeting point: At Athalassa park lake behind the Forestry Department’s Environmental Centre.
• When? Wednesday 02/06/2010, 17:00 – 19:00
• Where? Zakaki marsh, Limassol.
• What you will see? This time of year we will meet rarities like ferruginous ducks as well as coots, mallard ducks, moorhens, francolins and, if we are lucky, we may even see larger birds such as herons.
• Meeting point: Parking area of Zakaki football pitch.
Come and meet the birds!
Telescope, binoculars and bird guides will be provided by BirdLife Cyprus.
Please contact BirdLife Cyprus if you’re interested in coming.
Please note that on Saturday 05/06/2010 the Ministry of Agriculture together with NGO conservation organizations of Cyprus will be celebrating World Environment Day 2010 in Athalassa Park (Agios Georgios). BirdLife Cyprus will also be there with photos, soft toys, books and a demonstration of bird nest making ready to celebrate this wonderful day with you!