Welcome to your weekly dose of cell and molecular biology. As always, I’ll choose select posts from blogs that I read – please do contact me with specific posts that you’d like “Cells Weekly” to link to, or topical blog discussions that I might be missing. And of course, please link to the “Cells Weekly” to share it with others.
- Biocurious: Blood clot mechanics at the molecular level
- The Daily Transcript: The “y” gene phenomenon
- Church of the FSM: Mouse neurons, the expanding universe, and the FSM
- RRResearch: Snapshot of uptake specificity
- Sandwalk: Basic concepts: The Central Dogma of Molecular Biology
- Pharyngula: Basics: What is a gene?
- Discovering Biology in a Digital World: What is a gene? My definition is better
- Science and Reason: T cells
Science News Picks:
- Programmed Cell Death Protects Against Infections
- Adult Stem Cell Research Shows Promise For Transplant Therapies
- Researchers First To Map Gene That Regulates Adult Stem Cell Growth
- Brain Stem Cells Against Cancer?
- Quantum Biology: Powerful Computer Models Reveal Key Biological Mechanism
- Getting One’s Protein In A Bunch — When Quality Control Fails In Cells
- Chemical switch triggers critical cell activities
- Sidestepping Microscopy’s Limits: Out-of-Focus Images Made Clear