Carnivals and Series:
- 6/26 – Birds in the News at Living the Scientific Life.
- 6/26 – Carnival of the Green at Jen’s Green Journal.
- 7/1 – Bio::Blogs on bioinformatics and computational biology, at Public Ramblings.
- 7/2 – Mendel’s Garden at Genetics and Health.
Other recommended reading:
- 6/19 – Grand Opening of Audubon’s Project Puffin Visitor Center at Audubon.
- 6/21 – Effort to Drill Near U.S. Coast Advances at Audubon.
- 6/23 – Cornell-cloned trees get big-city test in partnership with nurseries: New technique may help trees thrive in harsh urban landscapes, at the Cornell Chronicle.
- 6/26 – The world’s scientists support evolution at Aetiology.
- 6/26 – Climate change: ‘Adapt or bust’ by Joel Makower.
- 6/26 – Biocapacity and ecological footprints: graph, thousand words, at WorldChanging.
- 6/27 – Speaking of the Supreme Court and climate change at Thoughts from Kansas.
- 6/27 – Clustered plasticity model at Gene Expression.
- 6/27 – Last chance for China’s dolphin at BBC News.
- 6/28 – Navy to Use Sonar That May Affect Whales at the Environmental News Network.
- 6/28 – House passes SSJC bill amendment to fund global warming risk analysis at the National Environmental Trust.
- 6/28 – PanAfrica: Madagascar Meeting Calls Urgent Action to Protect Africa’s Fragile Environment at AllAfrica.com
- 6/28 – U.S. Coral Eden Found; Others Saved From Destructive Fishing at National Geographic News
- 6/28 – Net Neutrality Loses in Committee at the DailyKos.
- 6/28 – Cornell Plantations and land trust partner to protect natural areas of Tompkins County on the Cornell Chronicle.
- 6/30 – Stochastic expression of proteins in a single cell at The Daily Transcript.
- 6/30 – CI partners with responsibletravel.com to promote small scale sustainable tourism venues at EurekAlert.